We supply and fit a wide range of conservatories to compliment your home:
• Traditional PVC styles offered in a varied selection of finishes
• Contemporary styles offered in aluminium
• Both offer great additional space in any home
• Slate or tiled roof with the benefit of roof lites
• Additional living space
• A superior style with flat roof combined with a glass roof
• Offered in a variety of sizes to suit your home
Although the names are often used interchangeably, there is a difference between a conservatory, which is largely made of glass, including the roof, and an orangery, which has more brickwork and is a flat-roofed extension with large windows and roof light. A garden room has a solid roof and walls with generous windows.
A fully glazed structure will, of course, give the greatest sense of light and space, but some prefer a room with a smaller area of roof glazing or a solid, insulated roof and glazed sides. The choice is down to individual taste, although orangeries and garden rooms have become increasingly popular because they can make for a more versatile and thermally efficient room.
Other practical considerations include whether the room will be overlooked and the direction it’s oriented in – a north-facing conservatory will receive less direct sunlight than a south-facing one, for example.